The lush, green island of Java boasts diverse landscapes, ranging from towering volcanoes to dense forests, manicured rice paddies to teeming cities. On this exotic 18-day adventure you’ll have the chance to explore mystical Buddhist temples, historic palaces and wild jungles, all in relaxed comfort. Our journey through this 1000km-long island starts in Jakarta and travels through Bandung, Yogyakarta, Solo to Ketapang in the east where we take a short ferry trip to Bali. Our tour ends in Ubud in a luxurious resort nestled in the lush tropical rain forest along the banks of the Ayung River.
- Unique transportation, including three private train charters – one a ‘steam trem’ (steam train) through Solo and another through Ambarawa
- Enjoy an open-track inspection trike tour in Kalibaru, travelling the main line through tunnels and across viaducts with stunning views of mountains and jungles
- Take guided tours of the UNESCO World Heritage sites of Borobudur and Prambanan
- Witness the smouldering volcano of Tangkuban Perahu and watch the sunrise over the active volcano of Mount Bromo
- Visit the iconic Ulun Danu Beratan water temple on picturesque Lake Beratan near Bedugul
- Tour the PT INKA factory in Mediun where Indonesian Rail build their locomotives and carriages
- Enjoy cultural experiences, such as batik-making, leather puppet-making, traditional musical instrument demonstrations and a Ramayana Ballet performance