Embrace this rare opportunity to explore Vietnam by train on the legendary Reunification Express—one of the world’s greatest rail journeys. Welcomed onto your private rail carriages in Ho Chi Minh City, you will travel in stages, enjoying Vietnam’s most iconic destinations on a 2,500-kilometre odyssey north to Hanoi and on to Sapa (optional extra). The adventure includes side journeys to the colourful colonial hill station city of Dalat, the ancient trading port of Hoi An, and a special optional tour on the normally inaccessible last steam railway in Indochina. An overnight cruise around the islands of the stunning World Heritage-listed Ha Long Bay is the icing on the cake and highlights more fascinating aspects of this diverse country. Enjoy luxury hotels, most meals and expert guides all through the tour. Along the way, discover the rich culture of Vietnam, its ancient kingdoms and colourful colonial past, fascinating ethnic diversity and triumphant post-war reconstruction. Legendary food, friendly people and excellent shopping complete the experiences of this wonderful and unique railway adventure of Vietnam by train.
- Exclusive travel aboard Railway Adventures’ private train attached to the Reunification Express
- Six separate train trips, including the Reunification Express and the Dalat Mountain Railway
- Fully escorted by an expert Australian leader and local guide throughout
- 15 nights in quality 4- or 5-star hotels and resorts with most meals included
- Optional extension to Sapa and return in a special Haratours sleeper carriage
- Two-night cruise aboard a luxury junk on Ha Long Bay
- Comprehensive sightseeing including six World Heritage sites