If you’ve been there already, you’ll know culinary passion runs deep, with Mudgee now a household name among foodies across Australia. For those yet to visit, read on because we have 10 reasons why you must round up your friends for the perfect weekend getaway.
- Not exactly sure where the Mudgee Region is? It’s closer and easier to get to than you think. Located around 270km north-west of Sydney.
- Did you know Mudgee is the third largest grape-producing region in NSW? Well now you do and there’s an abundance of choice!
- It’s no surprise this beautiful region is home to a multitude of award-winning wines. Think Huntington Estate, Robert Oatley, Robert Stein Winery, Bunnamagoo, Lowe Wines and Petersons Wines to name a few.
- Home to over 40 family-owned cellar doors, the hardest choice will be which cellar door to visit first.
- With good wine, you need great food and the Mudgee Region is home to a range of restaurants, cafes, wine bars and pub grub proudly boasting local produce menus. Our top recommendation would be: The Zin House is a country restaurant situated on a large expanse of certified organic/biodynamic farmland and Lowe family vineyards in the Mudgee wine region. They grow much of their own food and focus primarily on showcasing this produce and providing a dining experience that nurtures their guests.
- You’ll be surrounded by breathtaking natural attractions. Mudgee has a rich pastoral history reflected in its heritage streetscapes which are wide and tree-lined, just as you would imagine a refined country town to look like.
- By now you’re probably wondering where you should rest your head. From Hotels to Glamping, B&B’s to campsites there is accommodation to suit everyone’s budget. The Parklands Resort is our 4*choice.
- You’ll be shopping like a local between Mudgee’s markets. From Produce to Makers, Arts to Craft there is a market to suit everyone. Make sure you check out what date the market is on before you come.
- The last thing you’ll need to do is plan your trip and Visit Mudgee have got you covered. Take a peruse of their website and add to your trip planner as you go.
- If reason 1 to 9 didn’t convince you, then head over to Visit Mudgee’s Instagram to get a real glimpse of this picturesque country paradise.
Gather your friends and join me, Scott McGregor, a true Mudgee local for an unforgettable rail experience on our private cruise train weekend extravaganza – an all-inclusive escape to Mudgee, an award-winning regional destination. Anzac Day long weekend, 23 – 25 April 2022. More details here: https://railwayadventures.travel/tours/mudgee-weekend-escape-anzac-day/
Mudgee is also home to Ruwenzori Retreat. This unique train carriage accommodation provides exclusive, secluded, and fully self-contained accommodation just outside of Mudgee. More details here: https://stayinatrain.com/
See you in Mudgee!