- Have you always wanted to visit the US but settled for the safe Euro-trip time and time again? Railway Adventures wants you to fulfill all your travel desires. If you have a place on your bucket list, then we will help you scratch it! So much so, that Railway Adventures has crafted the perfect travel [...]
- Want to go on the most magical rail journey of your life? The Ghan is hands down, the best way to explore Australia from its ochre coloured sand to the deep blue of the Great Australian Bight. The Ghan railway from Adelaide to Darwin is an extraordinary experience. On this three-day journey you will travel [...]
- By the time we hit 60, we have entered the golden age of our lives where we have both the money and the maturity to take life seriously, but never ourselves. Too often people start thinking that they are too old to travel once they turn 60. Let us tell you that age is just [...]
- As I sit on the last bullet train leg of my first trip to Japan, I know it will not be my last. What a wonderful country this is, filled with wonderful people. Gentle. Sensible. Practical. Efficient. Clean. Fun. All my spirit animals in one place. No wonder travellers return here many times. I’ve just [...]
By Tim Maeder
1. Avoid traffic congestions:
Even with modern GPS systems, driving in Europe can be a nightmare. Congested roads, the seeming lack of road rules in some countries and the anxiety of self-navigation all add up to stress that you don’t need on a holiday
1.4 billion people. 3,287 million square kilometres. The world’s largest democracy. A land of contrasts. A land of contradictions. Relaxing yet frustrating, uplifting at the same time as despairing,
Travelling across Sri Lanka in a privately chartered heritage steam train, staying in resort hotels along the way, is by far the best travel experience I’ve had this year.
I’m travelling again for Scott McGregor’s Railway Adventures and have just spent a delightful few days in Copenhagen with Scott, with the view of developing a tour that can potentially ‘add-on’ to the already successful,
SOUTH AFRICA ON THE LUXURIOUS ROVOS RAIL AND BEYOND
Do you fancy yourself a world traveler? Do you crave a bit of the unknown and have a curiosity for experiencing lands untouched by human interaction?