Britain’s empire was built on its naval strength and it ushered in the Golden Age of Railways. It was also a leader in aviation, responsible for classic planes like the Spitfire. This grand tour through the heart of England and Wales celebrates the three great modes of transport that have helped to make the UK what it is today. Your tour will take you to great museums and an iconic air show, incorporating stunning scenery, astounding architecture and a vast, eclectic mix of Britain’s cultural icons. There are river cruises and heritage steam Train Tours England. All the way your luxury coach will be on hand for transfers, to manage luggage, and complete our excursions into Britain’s heartland.
Guided tours of England give you the chance to discover the wealth of history the country offers while enjoying visits to castles, cathedrals and other attractions with knowledgeable guides.
- Ride the heritage railways of the Isle of Wight, North Wales, Yorkshire Moors and the Great Central
- Visit the National Maritime Museum in Portsmouth and the National Railway Museum in York
- Explore Liverpool’s dockyards, Bristol’s port, York Minster and the wonders of Cambridge
- See great mansions in Yorkshire, terraces in Bath and Abbeys in historic Whitby
- Travel on a ferry across the Mersey, historic boats in Portsmouth and the SS Great Britain in Bristol
- Spend a full day on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway to Whitby
- Witness Stonehenge, the royal residence of Osborne and castles of Howard and Conwy
- Enjoy a full day at the world-renowned Duxford Air Show