Welcome to your special ‘one-off’ rail tour of the fascinating kingdom of Cambodia by private train covering every section of the royal Cambodian railways.
The Kingdom of Cambodia in South-East Asia has recently refurbished its former French Colonial metre-gauge railway, which is now an active freight carrier with a skeleton passenger service. There are two rail lines, totalling 612km of single-track with passing loops. One route goes north-west from Phnom Penh the capital, to Poipet, where there’s a connection to the Thai railway network. The other line goes southwest to the port at Sihanoukville on the south coast. We are chartering a train to give us a week of rail travel in a program to traverse the whole of the Royal Railway network using YDM4 locomotives to haul our train to both Poipet and Sihanoukville.
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Siem Reap, Cambodia
5 Mar 2023 - 13 Mar 2023
- 8 nights in comfortable, centrally located accommodation
- Breakfast daily, lunches and dinners as specified in the program
- Comprehensive sightseeing with expert local guides
- Drinks included with welcome dinner
- Luxury chartered coach, with luggage transport throughout the tour
Price does not include
- All other personal expenses such as drinks, phone calls, laundry services, camera fees where applicable
- Excursions listed as optional and extra in the brochure
- International flights
- Meals and services not mentioned in the itinerary