Outback NSW is abundant with historic sights, astounding mining, rural and Aboriginal history, and some extraordinary natural wonders offering a wealth of variety in one vast package. This magnificent journey takes you across the entire length of the state and down to the Riverina in a giant loop made possible by the once a week train services linking Sydney with Broken Hill, and separately, Griffith with Sydney.
Top of the list is the hugely important Lake Mungo World Heritage site, not always accessible and tightly monitored, we are lucky enough to have our guide on hand to illuminate the significance of this amazing site and tell the story of the incredible discoveries made there. The Menindee Lakes, Broken Hill and the wild country around Pooncarie are all highlights of this Outback adventure however it’s the excursions at each end of the tour that set the scene. First, on the Central Tablelands at Bathurst, Parkes and Millthorpe and then a week later in Griffith in the rich heart of the MIA where our rural history and culture are on full display confirming the fact that Australia is indeed a lucky country blessed with a rich agricultural heritage and an inspiring rural, mining and aboriginal legacy.
- Explorer and XPT train trips to Bathurst, Broken Hill and from Griffith to Sydney
- 2 days in the character-filled city of Broken Hill with full day excursions
- Enjoy the award-winning museums in Bathurst, Parkes, Hay and Griffith
- Guided tour of the world heritage-listed Lake Mungo National Park
- Take a sunset boat trip on the ecological wonder of Menindee Lakes
- Enjoy a paddle steamer cruise on the river at Wentworth
- Full day tour to Silverton and the city sights ofBroken Hill
- Explore history and culture in towns like Hay, Millthorpe and Pooncarie
- Services of your local guides, drivers and your experienced tour leader