Welcome aboard this character-filled tour, a rare opportunity to explore Far North Queensland’s Savannah country by coach, boat, plane and train featuring Australia’s most eccentric and iconic outback railways. You will fly from Cairns to the Gulf of Carpentaria where your journey continues by train across the wide Savannah on the "Gulflander" and the "The Savannahlander" where your journey reveals the rugged outback, over the high tablelands and on down through the rainforest to the coast. Enjoy time in Normanton and Karumba on the Gulf, the stunning Cobbold Gorge, the intriguing Undara Lava Tubes, and finally the holiday hub of Cairns. Your tour is topped off by a day trip to the Port Douglas markets, a journey on the
Bally Hooley Steam Railway, and visits to Mossman Gorge and the Atherton Tableland.
All along the way you’ll enjoy culinary delights, meet wonderful outback characters and be bowled over by the variety of entertaining experiences on this one-ofa-kind outback adventure.
Robert Kingsford-Smith or Chris Harding
- 9 nights’ accommodation in comfortable, 3- or 4-star hotels
- Breakfast Daily, 7 lunches and 8 dinners
- Comprehensive sightseeing with your hosts and local guides
- Drinks included with welcome and farewell dinners
- Excursion/entrance fees, except those listed as optional in the itinerary
Price does not include
- Drinks with meals (except for welcome and farewell dinners)
- Excursions/entrances listed as optional in the itinerary
- Transport to/from Cairns for tour start and end
- Travel insurance