Step aboard the famous Viceroy Special for a unique rail adventure through the mountains, coast and Cultural Triangle of Sri Lanka. On this private train tour exploring the history, art and culture of this stunning country.
Off-limits for decades, Sri Lanka is again open for business. With its reputation as a destination bursting with colour and variety, it’s back on the radar of discerning travellers. The country’s remarkable combination of stunning landscapes, pristine beaches, misty mountains and captivating cultural heritage is made all the more accessible by its compact size.
Thanks to its colonial history of settlement by the Portuguese, Dutch and British, and centuries of trade with Arab, Chinese and Malay merchants, overlaid by its main religions of Buddhism and Hinduism, Sri Lanka boasts eight UNESCO World Heritage sites, rich traditions, colourful festivals and exotic cuisine.
- Seven scenic train trips through Sri Lanka’s most captivating regions, on the spectacular mountain, jungle and coastal railways of that island nation
- Exclusive charter of the spacious and regal Viceroy Special with restaurant car and bar
- Accommodation in iconic hotels, such as the Geoffrey Bawa-designed Heritance Kandalama and Lighthouse Hotels. Most hotels are 5-star.
- Visits to eight World Heritage sites, including: Polonnaruwa; Dambulla; Sigiriya; Kandy; and Galle
- Inclusion of all meals, as well as drinks at the Welcome and Farewell dinners
- Costs of transfers, tipping, visas and luggage handling are all included