Mid-summer in Scandinavia, when the sun shines all night and the locals come out to play is the perfect time to explore this region’s astounding landscapes. We will journey on a variety of trains, boats and coaches, starting in the historic capital of Stockholm, and, riding the unique Inlandsbanan train through the heart of Sweden to Lapland and beyond the Arctic Circle, we then descend onto the northern coast of Norway to cruise the Lofoten Islands. The dramatic Norland Railway takes you to the medieval city of Trondheim, and the breathtaking Rauma and Flåm Railways have the best seats in the house en route to the iconic cities of Ålesund and Bergen. Finally, traverse the alpine tundra on Norway’s highest railway and enjoy a fitting finale in the compact and charismatic capital, Oslo.
- Three days in the grand city of Stockholm and three days through the heart of Northern Sweden (Lapland)
- Two-day journey through the remote heart of Sweden on the unique Inlandsbanan train
- Cruise the spectacular Lofoten Islands off Norway’s northern coast
- Iconic train travel in Scandinavia links Bodø, medieval Trondheim, art nouveau Ålesund and avant-garde Oslo
- Two nights in atmospheric Trondheim, three nights in Bergen, and two nights in Oslo
- Scandinavian tours and cruises takes you through 12 train journeys (including two steam specials), six boat trips and five scenic coach journeys
- Meals included most days with many local delicacies on offer