Tasmania has natural and cultural treasures like no other state in Australia It has a wild and magical natural beauty, a quirky and stimulating art scene, a living industrial and colonial heritage and a small collection of extraordinary railway journeys. You can have rail experiences in Tasmania on this tour around Australia’s special ‘Holiday State’. Autumn has its own special appeal: the changing colors of the leaves, mild temperatures and the annual spectacular Sheffield Steam fest. All this and more awaits you on Tasmania rail tours. The many interesting excursions on offer throughout this lush and pristine corner of our country.
- Explore Launceston with visits to the Tramway Museum and the historical estates of Clarendon and Ellery House
- Savour a special gala welcome dinner at the legendary Stillwater restaurant in Launceston
- Sail in comfort around Macquarie Harbour and up the pristine Gordon River
- Experience Tasmania’s unique heritage railways like the Don River Railway, Wee Georgie Wood Railway and Sheffield Steam and Heritage Centre
- Ride the West Coast Wilderness Railway from Strahan to Queenstown, enjoying a feast, including champagne and local wines, in the train’s charming restaurant balcony car
- Visit distilleries, wineries, museums and markets, as well as nature tours and walks
- Enjoy Cradle Mountain and explore its beautiful surrounds