Retirement is a wonderful time to finally visit all of the places you’ve been dreaming about. Your golden years can be some of the best of your life, especially if you’ve worked and waited your whole life to travel. It has been said that traveling is the only thing we can buy that actually makes us richer. In fact, studies have found that:
- Men who take vacations are 32% less likely to die from heart disease.
- Women who take vacations at least twice a year are less stressed and less likely to experience depression.
- Three days of vacation can drastically lower stress levels, even after the vacation ends.
- Travel abroad can make the traveler more open-minded and emotionally stable.
- Travel keeps older adults moving and active, often providing more opportunities to move than staying at home.
- Travel can increase confidence as senior travelers overcome fears and get out of their comfort zone.
Traveling also helps you stay physically and mentally active. Planning itineraries, navigating new cities, exploring places like museums, meeting new people, practicing new languages and seeing new sights can strengthen the brain and keep you active and engaged. Staying physically active lowers rates of heart disease, diabetes, stroke, cancers, lowers the risk of falling, and improves cognitive function.
Over two-thirds of Australians wish that they traveled more, and there’s no time like the present!
So, what are you waiting for?
Scott McGregor’s Railway Adventures tour is more than just a holiday, it is a unique way to experience the world. By train you are completely immersed in culture and adventure, exploring the most scenic corners of the world in the comfort of a luxury train. Whether you are an experienced traveller or just beginning to explore this wonderful world, Railway Adventures has something for everyone. Transform your holiday into the most unforgettable adventure of a lifetime with Railway Adventures.