- Tell us a bit about yourself?
I live in the beautiful Lake Macquarie area of NSW having grown up on the western wheatfields of NSW.
My interests include trains and travel, bushwalking, geography and land-use, pastoral care, poetry, tennis, gardening, maps and the great outdoors.
I have extensive travel experience across Australia and internationally throughout NZ, Cook Islands, North America and the UK and Europe, and Thailand.
I have extensive experience in mediation, conflict resolution, designing programs, training and running workshops, and developing people to reach their potential.
- What attracted you to the love of train travel?
Watching steam trains shunt in the yards at Nyngan as a youngster. Numerous trips from Dubbo to Sydney through the Central West and over the Blue Mountains to attend University. The adventure of completing the 54-hour California Zephyr run from Chicago to San Francisco across the great plains and over the Rockies.
- Favourite country in the world, and why?
Australia – it’s my home! And also the UK its people and diversity, heritage and history, beautiful landscapes and countryside, ancient sites, and, family connections.
- Where haven’t you visited but is on the bucket list?
Japan – to ride the Bullet Train, Mt Fuji, its people and culture, ancient traditions, hospitality, and charm.
New Zealand – to experience the TranzAlpine, Northern Explorer, and Coastal Pacific train routes.
- How long have you worked with Railway Adventures?
- Your Favourite Railway Adventures Tour?
The Victorian Railway Adventure. But they are all wonderful adventures – exploring such a wide range of places and filled with such interesting activities and people.
- Your most memorable Railway Adventures Tour?
Perhaps it’s travelling by steam train through the Richi Pichi pass in the Flinders Ranges followed by a delightful morning tea at Woolshed Flat on a rainy wind-swept morning on the South Australian Steam Adventure.
Then again – it could be experiencing the splendid rainforest while driving the Bloomfield Track from Cape Tribulation to Cooktown on the Tropical Queensland tour.
. . . the list continues . . . so many wonderful memories . . .
- What is your favourite international cuisine?
- What are your top 5 packing essentials?
- Pack as light as possible
- Layers of clothing
- Comfortable shoes / walking boots
- A coat / jacket
- A sense of learning, fun and adventure
- Tell us why you love your job
Thanks Scott and the team at Railway Adventures – it’s such a delight to be tour-leading!
- Supporting and connecting with all travellers to enhance their enjoyment
- Comprehensive and well-planned tours – and the adventure of dealing with changes
- The excitement of train travel – public and heritage trains, and along freight lines
- Exploring awesome scenery and landscapes, places and activities.
I look forward to welcoming you on-board!
Scott McGregor’s Railway Adventures tour is more than just a holiday, it is a unique way to experience the world. By train you are completely immersed in culture and adventure, exploring the most scenic corners of the world in the comfort of a luxury train. Whether you are an experienced traveller or just beginning to explore this wonderful world, Railway Adventures has something for everyone. Transform your holiday into the most unforgettable adventure of a lifetime with Railway Adventures.