This rarely offered opportunity to travel by private train on the scenic, normally inaccessible Mudgee branch line to be wined and dined in true Mudgee-style in a single weekend escape is a treat to remember! With a well-known and much-revered train at our disposal, the retro-restored Capertee Valley Explorer (also known as The Blue Zephyr), made up of carriages and heritage Dining and Bar cars, we’ll roll over the Blue Mountains, skirting the magnificent Capertee Valley to the rural idyll of Rylstone with a couple of stops and a sit-down lunch on board in the trains dining cars. Upon arrival in the charming village of Rylstone, you’ll be transferred in comfortable coaches to the historic food and wine lovers’ paradise of Mudgee, where the fun begins.
- Exclusive private charter of the iconic Capertee Valley Explorer cruise train
- Train Travel over the Blue Mountains and scenic Mudgee line to Rylstone
- A rare rail trip down the spectacular Capertee Valley
- Morning tea and lunch in the heritage Dining Cars
- Two nights in the charming heritage town of Mudgee
- Special entertainment and dinner in Mudgee’s premier winery venue
- Services of your tour leaders, wine presenters and train managers throughout